Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Day to Myself !

      Today is Wednesday and the last day off before 4 more days of work.  Norm has gone fishing on the Madison River for the afternoon and evening.  This is my quiet time and I find it as necessary a part of my life as eating and sleeping !

      The 'house' is clean and neat and I am sitting outside in my rocking chair watching people go about their evening as I write and drink my coffee.  We had a storm come through yesterday and it rained, with thunder & lightning but it certainly cleaned the air.  It smells like fresh pine with a hint of sage. Ahhh......The temp outside is 76.9* here on the patio ( 7:30 pm) and just a slight breeze is blowing...just enough to keep any lingering mosquitoes from landing.   Ahhhhh....no TV....I love these moments!

      Got my sewing machine out and altered Mr. D's Tee-shirts from last year.   He's lost a bunch of weight and doesn't want to buy anything new yet.  I also finished two more banners for our outside poles.  I would put pictures on here except my camera is in the car with Norm !  I'll do it next time.

      The beginning of April, our beautiful and talented daughter, Nikki, insisted I start a "Blog".  She said it would be a great way to keep in touch with friends and family.  She ran me through the preliminaries and then said just click on things to see what they do and learn.  Okay, I'm still learning alot but I have surprisingly,  found this to be a good way to relax and 'talk' about day-to-day events.  One of the ladies that works in the office with me, Terrie, came in and asked if anyone knew how to blog.   Well, next week, guess who is giving a class to several of our staff on Blogging !!

      We have also been asked by a friend we met at a "Life On Wheels" conference many years ago to send some pic's and funny stories to her along with our work schedule info so she can write an article about us in the RV Life Magazine.  Arline Chandler, is a well known author among RV'ers, and writes many articles about this lifestyle.  She is also an authority on many aspects of life in Branson, MO.  I'll have to have Norm do the funny stuff, he is much better at that than I. 

      While on Facebook this morning Elise L. posted photo's of herself  in her "Happy Place".   Norm & I both said , "She's in OUR  happy place, too!".   It was wonderful looking at all her pic's as we have many of the same photo's.  ( Only ours have us in them).   Yellowstone is a fabulous place but our hearts will always be happiest at the beach.  Enjoy, Elise !

      One of our favorite families (we both drove their kid's, Wilson & Libby, on our schoolbuses) is moving to California.  It will seem odd not to have her sending us posts about all hte things going on in Redmond, WA.   Hopefully, a few of our other Favorite Families  will  continue to keep us in  the loop !  Right Mary, Elise and Birgit ?   Ha.

      The picture I put on the last blog was taken at a Fabulous  little coffee shop in the back of  "The Book Peddler"  book store.  It's not only adorable inside but the barista really brews a GREAT cup o' joe !  There are absolutely no Starbucks anywhere near here so we have now become regulars.  She has our cups ready as we walk in the store.  Ahhh...

       Since this is a tourist town many of the people who work here are seasonal, like us.  We have met many of them and in the process have heard how to find work in other areas of the country, who's good to work for, or not,  what places pay the best, etc.  It's amazing how much more there is to this nomad life style than we could possibly imagine.  All this knowledge,  and all we have to do is listen !  I like it !!

      Next week we plan on spending a day in the Grand Teton's.  I really want some photos of  moose !  ( Funny how it's goose/geese but not moose/meese ?!)  Hmmm.....The weather needs to co-operate and we have heard they may be chip-sealing the road from here into YNP.  Norm will absolutely NOT drive on it so we may have to wait another week.  Oh well.....

      I do believe my honey is home from chasing those fish up & down the river.  He'll have to tell you those stories.  Just remember...he loves to spin a yarn !! 

                            *****                 *****               *****               *****



  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment