Sunday, June 21, 2015

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE !

During a moment of creative day dreaming, I realized my 'blog' has been all but forgotten.  What to do ? Should it be resurrected or shall I leave it alone ?  Only time will tell !

We have had so many changes in the last couple of years.  No... we're still on the road and loving this life style. The changes are more subtle.  We find we are doing things differently or our perspective about issues and life in general are changing.  Maybe it's old age setting in ! :)

Little things, like finding alternative routes to avoid heavy traffic even though it takes us a bit farther/longer.  Crowds and loud noises are avoided also.  Being retired definitely is a factor... we rarely worry about dates, times, etc. as we have no real obligations.  I really like this !

We have more time to explore new places and take up old hobbies or learn new ones. I have always enjoyed sewing, wanted to pursue it after High School but life happened and I let it slide. When we had our kids I sewed a lot for them until they got into Kindergarten and was informed that homemade clothes weren't 'cool'. :(  Set my sewing aside again.

When the day came to move into our motorhome I decided I had to take my sewing machine along.  Norm was great and has never complained about the space it takes up ! In fact, almost two years ago he encouraged me to get a better machine and include one that is capable of doing embroidery.   WOW,I was all over that !  So, now , as many of you know, I sew everything. 

Our first year on the road we went to Lk. Havasu for the Winter. That's when I found/learned 'quilting'. My life hasn't been the same since. I find designing a quilt, seeing the colors come together, feeling the texture of the fabric and working the thread very calming... plus it gives me something to do while we are traveling. ( I do have to keep an eye on my navigating job, though, as Norm gets really excited if I can't tell him where the next exit is !! )

Sadly, quilts are pretty big and we only have one bed in our house. (Two of them were given to our very close friends.)  I continue doing quilt projects but they are much smaller... tabletoppers, mugrugs etc. even TP ! 


I have sold so many of these at craft fairs..just fun ! 

In our travels we always run across RV Rallies.  One lady came over and wanted a wind banner like mine that had their RV logo, which just happened to be the same as ours.(This meant I already had the template ). Good news for me !  :)

 I love doing custom work ! It helps to keep the creative juices flowing !

We'll be at the coast for a couple of months and my plan is to create different designs.  They are already in my head and some have been drawn out, just need to get them sewn. 

While in Bend, OR. I was able to take several classes on how to use my sewing machine to its fullest AND some embroidery classes.  It has opened up a whole new world to me !  Projects are small and with the computer software I can combine designs, create my own and make them larger or smaller as needed.  I am lovin' this !!     Below is a cute cover for my machine.
Crazy Birds !
The back pockets of pants.




I have managed to accrue quite a number of embroidery designs so now to sit down and stitch some out. 
 
Norm's life right now is centered around his Mom. She is in a very nice group home near our Park so he is there most days.  He enjoys spending time with her but she tires easily. ( At almost 91 years old it is to be expected.)  We'll be here for June/July then return in October.  We need some time at the coast so that's where we'll be August/September. Time to sew, re-learn pickleball,   meet up with friends and run our toes through the sand. Can't wait !! 
 
Life on the Coast is a much slower pace and definitely more to our liking. Look out beach here we come !!

No comments:

Post a Comment