Thursday, August 2, 2012

AUGUST 2012

     We are 10 weeks into our time here At Grizzly and have 8 weeks left.  This, being our 2nd year has not had the surprises we incurred last year, but we have three new couples (new to us) that have had numerous issues.  The most common being how much physical work is required by the guys and for us girls it's not only working the computer program (campground manager) but dealing with the public !

     The "games" have started about who's coming back next year and no one wants to commit in case one of the others do or don't show up.  It's like being back in Jr Hi.   Actually,  though, I think we have a pretty compatible crew this year.

     On our days off, we have three/week, we usually spend one day exploring the big Park or the surrounding area, one day getting our shopping / laundry done (you've heard all the hours Norm has spent waiting for me at Joann's, and one day Norm goes fishing and I clean house and sew.  My latest creation has been an appliqued  Iris which has been made into a table-runner or wall-hanging,  I saw the pattern & picture and had to try it !  It is from the same series as the calla lilies I did a few quilts ago.  I find my preference in design runs towards the more artististic rather than the traditional.  Maybe it's the colors and the feeling of a more dramatic result than the traditional quilts.   The one I'm working on now is fairly simple and done in pastels.  Norm says it's a bit drab (he likes lots of color & contrast) and so I have decided to 'spruce it up' by putting an appliqued floral vine on two opposite corners.  I'll post it when its finished.  Already have some ideas for a couple more quilts I'd like to make.  I think I've turned into a quiltin' fool ! :) 

     Last evening it was so warm in the coach so I took my ironing board outside on the picnic table to make leaves and flower petals for the floral vine.  My mind wanders about some of the problems going on at work and suddenly it hits me...like one of those Ah-Ha moments....
I'm sitting in one of the most beautiful areas, staying in a $65.00/night campsite for practically nothing, looking at the most incredibly huge, orange, full moon and creating pieces for something I really enjoy .....and I'm worried about dumb stuff at work ?  Had to take a moment and remember how many times in the past I wanted to be doing anything but working at a 'real' job !   Funny, my attitude certainly took an upward turn !  Really loved it !!

     That thought in mind I recently found my new philosophy or mission statement, if you will,  "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in  an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WooHoo" what a ride !"

     Have the most fulfilling day possible, my friends !  :)

    


   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment